NHE’s Enclosed Mobile Bundle Cleaners (EMBC) are enclosed, self-contained, bundle cleaning machines specifically designed for shell-side cleaning.
- Single bundles up to 60″ x 33′ long, weighing up to 60,000 lbs. are cleaned in the EMBC.
- Multiple bundles of smaller sizes are cleaned simultaneously.
- A 125HP motor drives a 1,200GPM pump, delivering a pressured flow of cleaning solution through more than 400 spray jets.
- Immersion heaters in the EMBC’s holding tank heat the cleaning solution up to 180°F.
- The kidney-loop filtration system captures foulant.
- A hydraulically driven roller system slowly rotates the bundle.
NHE’s bundle cleaning process redefines clean!
The EMBC cleaning process thoroughly removes foulant from the shell-side of the tubes within just a few hours.
- Cleaning solution matched to customer product stream. (Usually light cycle oil, kerosene or similar)
- Cleaning solution heated to optimal cleaning temperature and pumped through the spray jets in high volume and at moderate pressure.
- The kidney-loop filtration system captures foulant as it dissolves off the tubes and returns filtered cleaning solution back to the bundle.
- Bundle attacked from all angles with the hydraulic roller system.
- Used cleaning solution returned to the plant for reprocessing, resulting in ZERO liquid waste.
- Waste solids removed from EMBC by vac truck.
- Foulant in the tubes softens, allowing easier tube cleaning in most cases. An added bonus!
- Unsurpassed cleaning results! The bundle is clean completely to the center!
- Safety concerns over High Pressure accidents and trip/fall hazards are gone!
- No adverse environmental effects since NO liquid hits the ground.
- Highest Possible degree of heat transfer efficiency restored.
- The EMBC is the most overall cost effective method of cleaning the shell-side of heat exchanger bundles.